Vinyl Cut Lettering and Graphics FAQ
What are vinyl cut stickers?
How long do they last?
- Vinyl cut stickers are cut to shape, this eliminates the need for printing inks and background material. Vinyl cut stickers are also called Computer Cut Decals and Die-Cut Decals.
- Vinyl cut stickers create a professional appearance for signs, windows, cars, trucks, boats, industrial & commercial equipment, in fact you can apply vinyl decals to any clean smooth surface, so are great across many applications. We provide vinyl cut stickers on pre-spaced and pre-masked sheet for an easy, quick and professional application.
How do I apply the vinyl cut stickers?
- Depending on the vinyl used, they have an outdoor life from 1 year up to 9 years. For standard colours, stickerart.com.au uses a vinyl that's rated up to 7 years outdoors continuously. Please check our Colour Chart for information on the outdoor life on other vinyls. (If using indoors or out of the elements, vinyl will last longer).
Are vinyl cut stickers reusable ?
- All orders for vinyl cut stickers come with application instructions, you can also view it online by Clicking Here.
Do vinyl cut stickers wash off?
- No. Removing vinyl cut stickers will cause them to stretch and tear.
Where can vinyl cut stickers be used?
- No. Car washes and pressure washers are safe on stickers, but do take care when using high pressure hoses on the edges of the sticker.
Will the vinyl cut sticker fade over time?
- On any smooth & clean surface.
Will wax affect the vinyl cut sticker?
- No. Vinyl is not printed, it is dyed and cannot fade however it will break down over time with prolonged exposure to the sun.
Will the windscreen wipers affect vinyl cut stickers?
- No, but when applying the wax, apply it by hand and avoid using electric buffers.
Can I use the vinyl cut sticker on the inside of the window?
- If the vinyl cut sticker is applied correctly, the wipers should not lift it.
Can you make multiple colour vinyl cut sticker?
- Yes. When ordering the vinyl cut sticker, you can specify that you want the vinyl cut sticker reversed or send an email indicating which vinyl cut sticker you want reversed. However if the your windows are tinted, it may be difficult to see the vinyl cut sticker from the outside and not recommended that vinyl cut sticker be applied directly onto the tint.
Do you have colours other than what is listed on your site?
- Yes, using layered vinyl colours, vinyl cut stickers can be made in multiple colours, however, this is considerably more expensive as there are more materials and labour involved.
Are the vinyl cut stickers weather proof?
- Yes. we do not stock all colors, but can get them in for an additional cost.
If I remove a vinyl cut sticker, will it damage my paint or clear coat?
- Yes. vinyl cut stickers are not affected by rain, hail, snow, salt or hot and cold temperatures.
Do vinyl cut stickers affect window tint?
- No. The vinyl cut sticker will actually protect the paintwork.
How do I remove bubbles after installation?
- No. Window tint is on the inside of the glass, vinyl cut stickers are on the outside. However, it is not recommended that you apply the vinyl cut sticker directly onto the tint if applying the vinyl cut sticker on the inside of the glass.
Can I install vinyl cut stickers on fresh paint?
- Most bubbles will disappear within a few weeks, if there are any remaining, use a pin to pierce the bubbles and use your finger to press the air out.
Can I clear coat over my vinyl cut stickers?
- It is recommended that paint is left for at least 1 month before applying vinyl cut stickers.
- Yes. Follow your paint suppliers instructions for proper preparation